During a regular meeting Monday of the City Council, city councilors took the following action:
• Claims for all city departments from July 6 through July 26.
• Change Order No.1 to the contract with Scissor-Tail Construction LLC in the amount of $1,195.70 for additional wiring needed for the Verdin System on the Bell Tower at Greenhill Cemetery.
• State contract pricing from Quanti Sales in the amount of $27,550.30, for the purchase of two Grasshopper Mowers for use at Greenhill Cemetery.
• Purchase of Tesla Model 3 Sedan in an amount not to exceed $45,000 to be used as a courtesy vehicle at Muskogee-Davis Regional Airport, as recommended by the Airport Board.
• State contract pricing from Premier Truck Group of Tulsa for the purchase of a 2020 Freightliner 10-wheel dump truck in the amount of $112,994 for use in the Streets Department.
• State contract pricing from Stewart Martin Kubota in the amount of $56,722.80 for the purchase of four Kubota ZD 1211 diesel zero-turn mowers with air-ride seat option, one with side chute cover, for use in the Parks and Recreation Department.
• Use of city’s matching grant program to transfer $12,362.24 to the War Memorial Park Trust for operational programs.
• Authorizing city manager to negotiate and execute a master agreement with Cowan Group Engineers for the Water Distribution System Improvement Project, as well as approval of Task Order One for water meter replacement in an amount not to exceed $20,400 and Task Order Two for water line replacement in an amount not to exceed $238,900.
• Authorizing city manager to negotiate and execute a contract with Holloway Updike & Bellen Consulting Engineers in an amount not to exceed $46,000 for replacement of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Administration Building ventilation supply, exhaust, chiller and boiler systems.
• Authorizing city manager to negotiate and execute contract with Holloway Updike & Bellen Consulting Engineers in an amount not to exceed $49,000 for design, bidding, and construction phase services for repairs and replacement equipment for two Secondary Clarifiers and one Gravity Thickener located at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• Accept ODEQ Permit No. WL000051190496 for the construction of 16,413 linear feet of 30” PVC waterline, 26 linear feet of 24” PVC waterline and all appurtenances to serve the city of Muskogee.
• Appointment of Ward IV Councilor Marlon Coleman to a term commensurate with his office to the City Facilities Board.
• Appointment of Ward IV Councilor Marlon Coleman to a four-year term with the Muskogee City-County Port Authority beginning Oct. 1.
• Appointment of Derrick Reed to a seven-year term with the Muskogee Medical Center Authority beginning Aug. 13.
• Reappointment of Nancy Gaden to a four-year term with the Muskogee City-County Port Authority beginning Oct. 1.
• Denied amended request to rezone property located between South 40th and South 48th streets, north of West Hancock Street and south of Eagle Crest Drive from R-1 Single-Family Residential District to A-1 Agricultural District.
• Approved Resolution No. 2776, amending the land use map for property located on North 24th Street from Single-Family Residential District to Multi-Family Residential District.
• Approved Ordinance No. 4077-A, rezoning property located on the southwest corner of North 24th Street and Military Boulevard from R-1 Single-Family Residential to R-4 Multi-Family Residential and authorizing staff to revise the zoning map to reflect said change.
• Tabled request to authorize city manager to negotiate a contract with Olsson for engineering services for: 1) the Hilldale School Access Improvement Project, a joint project with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, as well as, 2) the Smith Ferry Road drainage project.
• Appointed Evelyn Hibbs to a three-year term with the Planning and Zoning Commission beginning Sept. 1.