During a regular meeting Monday of the City Council, city councilors took the following action:
• Minutes of regular meeting of Muskogee City Council on Oct. 28.
• Claims for all city departments from Oct. 13 through Oct. 26.
• Lowest and best bid from Williams Contracting for the Hatbox Field Improvements Project in the amount of $2.144 million for the Base Bid and Add Alternates 1 and 2.
• Contract with L&L Construction Inc. for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Rehabilitation Emergency Clarifier Repairs in the amount of $579,375.
• Recommendation to direct staff to develop a relocation incentive program to be offered in conjunction with current incentives for new recruits to the Muskogee Police Department and research grant funding opportunities for the same.
• Grant of easement to Rural Water District No. 5 for the requested right of way on airport property for the purpose of water-line installation and maintenance as recommended for approval by the Airport Board.
• Preliminary and final plat of the replat of Lot 11, Block 1 in Suroya Heights 5 Addition, consisting of one (1) lot on 0.93 acres located at 2500 Bacon Court.
• Resolution No. 2786, adopting an amendment to Appendix A of the Muskogee City Code pertaining to Schedule of Fees and Charges, per attached list.
• Appointment of Faye Waits to the Muskogee Housing Authority, filling an unexpired term beginning Nov. 12 and ending May 30, 2022.
• Appointment of Ched Wetz to the Muskogee Medical Center Authority, filling the unexpired term of Dr. Tim McElroy, beginning Nov. 12 and ending May 30, 2022.
• Appointment of Stephen White to the Ward IV seat on the Urban Renewal Authority to serve a three-year term beginning Nov. 13, replacing Mike Martin.
• Approved Resolution No. 2788, amending land use map regarding property located on the east side of South York Street between Tull Avenue and the south boundary of Lot 7, Block 4 of Fairlawn 1st Addition from Single-Family Residential to Local Commercial and authorizing staff to revise map to reflect said change.
• Approved Ordinance No. 4080-A, rezoning 628 S. York St. from Single-Family Residential to Local Commercial authorizing staff to revise the zoning map to reflect said change.
• Approved Ordinance No. 4081-A, closing the right of way located within and being a part of the Walmart Addition, providing for severability and setting an effective date.
• Rejected bids from the sole contractor on the Rehabilitation and Revitalization Program for the repair of five dwellings.
• Approved the appointment of Mike Stewart to serve a four-year term with the Airport Board beginning Nov. 1, filling Tim Wheeler's expired term.
• Took no action after the presentation of a report about plans to renovate and re-purpose former Fire Station No. 3 located on West Okmulgee Avenue.
• Took no action after the presentation of a report regarding the city's Rehabilitation and Revitalization Program.