During regular meetings Monday of the Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees, city councilors took the following action:
PUBLIC WORKS AGENDA
• Approved Public Works Committee minutes of May 6.
• Took no action on Ordinance No. 4071-A, amending Chapter 78 provisions regarding the use of golf carts and UTVs on city streets.
• Approved Resolution No. 2766, supporting expungement clinics to be offered by Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma.
• Approved Finance Committee minutes of May 6.
• Approved claims for all city departments from May 2 through May 10.
• Approved Resolution No. 2765, declaring a parcel of property located in the 1500 block of Cherry Street as surplus to the needs of the city and authorizing conveyance of said property to sole bidder, Jo Ellen Montgomery, for the amount of $363.
• Approved five-year commercial lease with American Vending Solutions for the 6,400-square-foot metal building located at 615 E. Davis Field Road at Muskogee-Davis Regional Airport beginning June 1.
• Recall and reversal of a declaration of surplus personal property — a 2005 Sterling Flush Truck (Vac-Con) SN 2FZAATDC25AU09963 as described by Resolution No. 2729 — and further authorize the execution of a corrected resolution regarding the same.
• Approved lowest bid for Wastewater Treatment Plant bio-solids removal and cleaning of Digester No. 2 to Tonto Environmental LLC in the amount of $87,712.
• Approved lowest bids for aggregate and asphalt road materials as follows; (1) Kemp stone - (a) #2 Cover Material at $16.00 per ton delivered; (b) Aggregate at $12.25 per ton delivered; (c) 3” Pit Run at $13.00 per ton delivered; (d) Number 67 Washed Rock at $15.25 per ton delivered; (e) 12” Pit Run at $16.50 per ton delivered; (f) Limestone Screenings at $4.00 per ton picked up and $9.85 per ton delivered; (2) Muskogee Sand - (a) asphalt sand at $5.50 per ton picked up and $9.50 per ton delivered; (b) fill sand at $4.00 per ton picked up and $8.00 per ton delivered; (3) Tulsa Asphalt - (a) Asphaltic Concrete Type B & C at $48.00 per ton picked up; (b) Type C at $61.00 per ton delivered; (4) Youngman Rock - Type B at $59.25 per ton delivered to our yard and $60.00 per yard delivered to the jobsite; (5) Hutchens Construction - cold patching material at $84.00 per ton delivered.
• Approved lowest bid to Muskogee Ready-Mix for concrete materials as follows; (a) 3,500 psi concrete at $94.00 per cubic yard; (b) 3,500 psi high early strength concrete at $98.00 per cubic yard; (c) 3,000 psi concrete at $92.00 per cubic yard; (d) Portland dry mason mix at $10.00 per sack; (e) Flow Fill concrete at $65.00 per cubic yard; and, (f) City pay dray at $60.00.
• Approved contracts to lowest bidders: (1) Grass Monkey for base bid Number One in the amount of $5,998.00 per month; and (2) S&B Services for base bid Number Two in the amount of $700.75 (twice a month) and base bid Number Five in the amount of $300.00 per week, or take other necessary action.
• Approved best bid from Southern Material Handling Bid No. 2, in the amount of $34,263 for the purchase of one 6,000 lb. forklift for fiscal year 2019 for the Fleet Management Department.
• Approved purchase of one 2019 Freightliner 10-wheel dump truck with plow and spreader attachments in the amount of $157,558 from Premier Truck Group from Oklahoma State Contract for the fiscal year 2019 for the Public Works Department.
• Approved Ordinance No. 4070-A, amending Chapter 18 provisions regarding installation standards for water and sewer lines and requiring installation of backwater prevention devices on new construction and reconnections, and related issues, providing for repealer, codification, severability and declaring an emergency.
• Took no action after discussing during an executive session negotiations with American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees Local 2465.