Approximately 25 journalists from foreign countries visited the Muskogee Phoenix on Wednesday as part of the International Visitor Leadership Program through the U.S. Department of State. The Edward R. Murrow Program for Journalists, Best Practices in Ethical Reporting focuses on ways to improve journalism around the world. Objectives include understanding journalistic investigations and research in the United States, and exploring aspects that distinguish investigative reporting from traditional journalism. Visitors came from several countries, including Tajikistan, Indonesia, Mongolia, Singapore, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Afghanistan, Macau, Palau, Kazakhstan, Laos, Hangon, and the Solomon Islands.
This Week's Circulars
79, Retired Muskogee Firefighter, passed away Wednesday, 10/20/2021. Service 11:00AM Friday, October 29, 2021 Fort Gibson National Cemetery Pavilion. Clifford D Garrett Family Funeral Home, Fort Gibson. Online condolences clifforddgarrettfamilyfh.com
age 51 of Tahlequah, OK. Teacher. Died Friday, October 22nd in Tahlequah, OK. Services October 28th at 1:00pm at Flint Ridge Chapel. Visitation prior to services beginning at 12:00pm. Burial at Cookson Hills Cemetery in Kansas, OK.
86 Wagoner passed on Friday, October 22. Rosary Service on Friday, October 29, 7:00 PM and Funeral Mass on Saturday, October 30, 10:00 AM both at Holy Cross Catholic Church, Wagoner
- Mountain lion sightings in Oklahoma: What you need to know
- Tahlequah pedestrian killed
- 2021 ALL-PHOENIX FASTPITCH: Rougher, Haskell pair head the list
- 4-year-old killed in single-vehicle crash
- School board questioned about Irving's future
- Former Muskogee cop faces new felony charge
- FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, WEEK 8
- 17-point surge knocks Tigers from 4A-4 unbeaten ranks
- One foot forward: Fort Gibson kicker knows it might be needed in tight battle Friday
- Nurse death puts harsh spotlight on domestic violence issue