WHAT: Muskogee Board of Education regular meeting.
WHEN: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
WHERE: Education Service Center, 202 W. Broadway.
• CALL TO ORDER – Danny Shiew, President; INVOCATION – Jason Fullerton, Muskogee First Assembly; PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – President.
• PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN BOARD MEETINGS.
• RECOGNITION OF STAFF MEMBERS — Certified, Salaried Support, Support.
• SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT — Board Appreciation Month; Blake Simmons Recognition, MHS - Washington, D.C., Senate Page; Operations Appreciation: HVAC - Robert Perkins, Carl Drake, David Morgan, Electrical - Wesley Jones, Kelton Randolph. Plumbing - Gerald Goad, Adam Tulino. Carpenters - Bill Sampson, Cameron Lewis. Moving/Cleaning - James Hill, Joe Wilson. Painting - Norborto Garcia, Larry Elliot. PO's - Lana Stevenson; Human Resources Report - Lance Crawley; Budget Report - John Little.
• REPORTS/COMMENTS FROM MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION.
• STANDING RESOLUTIONS (See online)
• PROPOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION — An Executive Session is proposed for discussion of:
Personnel recommendations A. through H. (names listed below) being presented for the resignation, termination, or employment of staff members, with vote to be taken after return to Open Session; pursuant to OKLA. STAT. Tit. 25 § 307 (B) (1).
Discuss Superintendent’s Contract pursuant to OKLA. STAT. Tit. 25 O.S. § 307 (B) (1).
• RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
• EXECUTIVE SESSION MINUTES COMPLIANCE ANNOUNCEMENT
A. Resignation of employment of certified staff for the 2019-2020 school year: James Fields, Humanities Teacher, MHS, effective 01/22/2020.
EMPLOYMENT – CERTIFIED-EXTRA DUTY
B. Extra-duty of certified staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Beverly Boyer, All-School Musical Producer, MHS, effective 01/21/2020.
C. FMLA of certified staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Melissa Jones, Librarian, 6th Grade Academy, effective 12/2/2019 up to 12 weeks; Shymekia Adams, Teacher, 6th Grade Academy, effective 12/6/2019 up to 12 weeks.
D. Employment of support staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Amber Hernandez, 4-hr CNS Floater, effective 01/22/2020.
E. Extra-duty of support staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Kerry Huffer, All-School Musical Accompanist, MHS, effective 01/21/2020; Robbie Anderson All-School Musical Worker, MHS, effective 01/21/2020; Sydney Jennings, (Lay) JV Cheer Coach, MHS, effective 01/21/2020.
F. Non-acceptance of position of support staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Elizabeth Rosales, ECC, Teacher Assistant effective 01/06/2020.
G. Resignation of employment of support staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Robert Hoskins, Para, 7th & 8th Academy, effective 01/06/2020; Leasa Scott, Para, Pershing, effective 12/20/2019; Echo Barnett, Custodian, ESC, effective 01/03/2020; Cat Weeden, Spirit Coordinator, MHS, effective 02/01/2020.
H. FMLA of support staff for the 2019-2020 school year: Susan Morgan, CNS, 6th Grade Academy, effective 11/27/2019 up to 12 weeks.
• Discussion and Vote on Superintendent’s contract as presented.
• NEW BUSINESS
BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Education of Muskogee School District I-20 upon recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools to APPROVE Standing Resolutions A. – K. as listed:
A. Minutes of December 17, 2019 Meeting.
B. Schedule of Payments — Checks to be issued in payment December encumbrances/invoices as duly audited from the funds and in the amounts listed below and itemized in the financial reports: AP – Checks # 20202303 to 20202732 $3,770,526.44; DD’s - # 22003536 to 22004403 $1,996,741.01.
C. Schedule of Encumbrances – Numbered 20002752 to 20003092 —$5,261,565.24.
D. Operating & Investment Funds, Dec. 1- 31, Operating Account $(6,011,534.03); Investment Account $ 0.00
E. Financial Report — Balance Sheet; FY 2020 Expense/Revenue Report; Activity Fund; Designation of Funds; Investments; Budget Amendments.
F. PO’s Over $15,000
20002753, Honeywell,11, $47,704.38, Software Maint
20002803, Renaissance Learning,11, $44,342.55, Software - AR
20002804, Constellation, 11, $30,000, Natural Gas
20002857, Republic Services Inc, 11, $52,000, Garbage Services
20002942, Musk Co Assessor,11, $182,115.34, Re-eval Fees
20002991, Bacone College, 28, $3,000,000, Land Purchase
20002994, Microsoft Corp, 28, $40,510.66, Computers
20002995, Trinity 3 LLC, 28, $337,500, Teacher Laptops
20002996, Trinity 3 LLC, 28,$34,650, Clerical Desktops
20002997, Pinnacle Business Systems,28, $27,100, Setup new network infrastructure
20002999, Pinnacle Business Systems, 28, $688,119, New network equipment
20003019, Musk Medical Center Auth, 28, $312,689.90, LP Payoff
20003042, Catapult Learning West,11, $112,500, Prof Dev Lit First
20003053, Takeform, 21, $31,519.93, Signage & Logo
G. Contracts: None
H. Transfers Activity : None.
I. Sanctioning: None:
J. Surplus: FFA CM Trailer, Vin #49TSG2420D1008230, Trade-in value, $10,500.
K. Rep’s MIALP 3 rep’s to call for funds from BancFirst on LP — John Little, CFO; David Chester, Dir of Acct; Angela Barton, District Treasurer.