WHAT: Muskogee City Council regular meeting.
WHEN: 5:30 p.m. Monday.
WHERE: City Council Chambers, third floor, Muskogee Municipal Building, 229 W. Okmulgee Ave.
ON TV: Broadcast live on Suddenlink Channel 14.
INFORMATION: Those who would like to address councilors during the meeting must sign in at least 15 minutes before the meeting begins.
• Claims for all city departments from Aug. 10 through Aug. 24.
• Resolution No. 2778 declaring certain items of personal property presently in the possession of the City of Muskogee, to be surplus to the needs of the City, and authorize the City Manager to dispose of the same, all as per the attached list.
• Accept the proposal from Firstar Bank to provide banking and treasury services, and further, to authorize the City Manager to negotiate and execute a three-year contract for the same.
• Appointment of Leroy Walker Sr. to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission, to serve a three-year term beginning Sept. 1, 2019, and ending Aug. 31, 2022.
• Appointment of Reggie Cotton to the Eastern Oklahoma District Library System Board of Trustees, to serve a three-year term beginning July 1, 2019, and ending June 30, 2022, as recommended by the Board or Trustees.
• Appointment of Marlon Coleman to the Muskogee City-County Port Authority Public Trust, to serve a four-year term beginning Oct. 1, 2019, and ending Sept. 30, 2023.
• Hold a Public Hearing and consider approval of Resolution No. 2781 for the local designation of the property addressed as 402 N. S St., and historically identified as Alice Robertson School and Indian Bowl Stadium.
• Resolution No. 2780, supporting the Muskogee Public Schools proposed bond issue for capital improvements.
• Resolution No. 2779, supporting Section 6021 of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2020.
• Renewal of the Funding Agreement for Local, State, and Sovereign Government Entities to provide services between the City of Muskogee and the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality for a program called "The Elysium Project."
• Executive Session to discuss and take possible action on the following:
a. Pursuant to Section 307 B.2, Title 25, Oklahoma Statutes, consider convening in Executive Session to discuss negotiations with the International Association of Fire Fighters, Local #57, and if necessary, take appropriate action in open session.
b. Pursuant to Section 307 C.11, Title 25, Oklahoma Statutes, consider convening in Executive Session to discuss matters pertaining to economic development, including, but not limited to consideration of a proposal to stimulate housing growth and promote residential development within the City of Muskogee, and if necessary, take appropriate action in open session.