Muskogee police released the video and a PowerPoint Presentation on Friday of the officer-involved shooting early Monday morning.
The shooting resulted in the death of Tulsa homicide suspect Demontre Ramon Bruner, 21, of Tulsa, who died at a Tulsa hospital.
Deputy Chief Chad Farmer referred to Bruner's actions as "an ambush shooting" because Bruner was hidden and opened fire upon the officers as they were searching for him.
The video shown here is from the bodycam of Officer Shane Leach, who did fire at Bruner.
The video shows officers tracking Bruner from South 13th and Fremont streets to 11th and Fremont where Bruner engaged in gunfire with the officers.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
- City employee ID'd as sender of suspicious envelopes
- OSSAA plan to reopen with restrictions fails, summer can go on as normal
- Interim tag removed from Munsell as Muskogee wrestling coach
- Muskogee woman enters plea to manslaughter charge
- Area cattle ranchers making beef available
- Search continues for woman missing two years
- Judge sets bonds in child abuse case
- THE WAY IT WAS: SOFTBALL CITY USA, 1998
- Two injured in boat explosion on lake
- City manager unveils plan to address declining revenue