Around 100 people demonstrated Sunday, June 7, 2020, in front of the city administration building starting at noon, as a second consecutive day of peaceful protests in Enid over the killing of George Floyd proceeded without much pushback.
As featured on
Chants and speeches stopped as the crowd then knelt for eight minutes and 46 seconds in a moment of silence. Floyd, a black man, died on Memorial Day after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for the same amount of time while Floyd was handcuffed and face-down.
This Week's Circulars
- Client accuses DHS case worker of using racial slur
- Muskogee man dies after being shot with arrow
- Dining Spotlight — Watts BBQ
- Sheriff's race ends in runoff
- African cat loose in Muskogee
- Muskogee woman killed in crash
- Okie from Muskogee: Cobb has no time to slow down
- Muskogee police K-9 dies
- Voters deliver victory to Coleman
- Muskogee voters turn down ballot proposition