Phoenix staff reports
OKTAHA 57, BOYNTON-MOTON 53 — Playing at Oktaha, Cale Elam popped in 5 3-point baskets as part of his 21 points to lead the Tigers past the Cardinals. Weston Elam added 12 points for Oktaha (11-4).
Jerry Woods scored 17 and Josh Penn added 15 for the Cardinals.
OKAY 74, WARNER 64 — Jordan Sloat scored a game-high 33 points to lead the Mustangs past the Eagles in Big Eight Conference action at Warner’s gym.
Shiloh Dennis added 12 as the Mustangs improved to 9-5 overall and 5-2 in conference.
Michael Chism led the Eagles (8-6, 5-4) with 24 points and Steven Warrior added 16.
WARNER 49, OKAY 41 — Keelee Blair scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Lady Eagles past the Lady Mustangs in Big Eight Conference action at Warner’s gym.
Sarah Smithson scored a game-high 18 points and Sierra Barnwell added 10.
Nicole Burns led Okay with 13 points.
BROKEN BOW 33, TAHLEQUAH 30 — The good news is Tahlequah scored 19 points in the second quarter, but the 11 they scored in the other three periods spelled their doom in the Port City Classic in Catoosa.
The Lady Tigers opened with three first-period points before outscoring the Lady Savages 19-4 in the second period to lead 22-17 at halftime.
Nikki Girdner led the Lady Tigers with 10 points.
The Lady Tigers will face Catoosa for the third time this season in a loser’s backet game at 10 a.m. today.
PORTER 49, WYNONA 12 — Porter held its opponent to just two first half points as the Lady Pirates cruised to victory Friday night. Katy Harsen led Porter with 20 points, helping advance the Lady Pirates to the next round of Keifer Tournament.
Phoenix staff reports
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
78, Retired Postal Worker, passed away Tuesday 06/08/2021. Memorial Service 10:00AM Thursday, June 17, 2021 at Fort Gibson National Cemetery Pavilion. Online condolences clifforddgarrettfamilyfh.com
died Friday June 4, 2021. Services 2pm Saturday June 12, 2021 at Webbers Falls First Assembly of God under the direction of Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home.
age 80, died Tuesday June 8, 2021. Services 10 am Monday, Genesis Church in Muskogee. Viewing Sunday 1-7 pm at Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home.
68, general laborer, passed Saturday, June 5, 2021 Graveside service: 10AM, Monday, June 14, 2021 @ Fort Gibson National Cemetery with military honors presented Services provided by Cornerstone Funeral Home, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Above the Sun: We are not saved like the thief on the cross
- Former Porter man charged with sexually abusing five children
- Pumped on the pitch: New Roughers coach excited for opportunity
- Former Haymaker returns to Haskell for second baseball coach stint
- Cherokee Nation to provide every Cherokee citizen with total of $2,000 allocated over two payments
- Muskogee man pleads guilty to fraud charges
- Muskogee man found guilty of attempted sexual abuse
- Braggs man in serious condition following crash
- Cherokee Nation offers help for elders to sign up for $2,000 COVID-19 assistance payment
- Body of Wagoner woman recovered from Fort Gibson Lake