STILLWATER — Oklahoma State went down to the wire for the second consecutive game on Wednesday night, prevailing over Colorado with a 61-58 victory at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
OSU (15-4, 3-3 Big 12) had runs of 11-2 early and 12-2 in the second half. The Buffs (8-10, 2-4) battled back both times and cut the lead to one on two occasions with the last coming at the 2:23 mark on a pair of free throws by Whitney Houston.
Neither team scored over the next two minutes before OSU freshman Andrea Riley hit two of her four free throws in the final minute, leaving CU one last shot, but Ilic‚s 3-pointer came up short with 1.5 seconds remaining.
Danielle Green scored 16 points to lead OSU, 11-2 at home. She also had eight rebounds.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
78, Retired Postal Worker, passed away Tuesday 06/08/2021. Memorial Service 10:00AM Thursday, June 17, 2021 at Fort Gibson National Cemetery Pavilion. Online condolences clifforddgarrettfamilyfh.com
died Friday June 4, 2021. Services 2pm Saturday June 12, 2021 at Webbers Falls First Assembly of God under the direction of Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home.
age 80, died Tuesday June 8, 2021. Services 10 am Monday, Genesis Church in Muskogee. Viewing Sunday 1-7 pm at Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home.
68, general laborer, passed Saturday, June 5, 2021 Graveside service: 10AM, Monday, June 14, 2021 @ Fort Gibson National Cemetery with military honors presented Services provided by Cornerstone Funeral Home, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Above the Sun: We are not saved like the thief on the cross
- Former Porter man charged with sexually abusing five children
- Pumped on the pitch: New Roughers coach excited for opportunity
- Former Haymaker returns to Haskell for second baseball coach stint
- Cherokee Nation to provide every Cherokee citizen with total of $2,000 allocated over two payments
- Muskogee man pleads guilty to fraud charges
- Muskogee man found guilty of attempted sexual abuse
- Braggs man in serious condition following crash
- Cherokee Nation offers help for elders to sign up for $2,000 COVID-19 assistance payment
- Body of Wagoner woman recovered from Fort Gibson Lake